The Fordney Club's founding purpose was charitable and we have remain true to our founding principles. We are constantly seeking out new ways to help and better the environment that we live in. If you are working on some worthy projects and would like to partner with us, please contact [Name of Person In charge and Phone Number] so that we can discuss how we can help each other.
Over time we have completed the following projects:
- 2011 marked the year of partnering once again with the SVSU Cardinal Football program as the host team of the Red Feather game.
- The February 2004 Ladies Night party at Apple Mountain marked the celebration of the club's 80th Anniversary. Our forefathers taught us well. We'll never forget their many accomplishments.
- In 2003, the Fordney Club proudly helped rededicate the Arthur Hill High School stadium to the young men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice in all wars.
Since the first Christmas party on December 15, 1924 at the Hotel Bancroft, Fordney Club members knew that support of their ladies were the key to success. In 1973, the club celebrated its' 50th anniversary with a gala Ladies Night dinner hosted at the Bay Valley Inn. The 60th Anniversary was celebrated at the 1983 Ladies Night dinner dance at Treasure Island.
- In 1997 an exciting new event revived an old tradition. Led by past presidents and active club members, the Fordney Red Feather Charities Classic football game was reborn. The opening game between SVSU and Michigan
- In 1973, Jim Granse chaired the first Fordney 300 golf outing. Dedicated committee members pitched in, including Ken and Rod McIntyre, Howard Mannion, Al Reinbold, Bill Kleekamp and Dave Burzyck. The event was a new concept for its time and continued to be a Saginaw Valley's premiere golf event through 2009. The 300 raised substantial funds for club sponsored charities throughout Saginaw County.
- Resourceful Club leaders quickly found good charitable use for the stadium. The Red Feather Football Game was born. Under Fordney Club leadership, 18 annual college football games followed. The games netted thousands of dollars for Saginaw's United Fund Community Chest. Many well known Saginaw athletes competed in these exciting games.
- After WWII, the Fordney Club spearheaded the drive to construct the Arthur Hill High School Memorial Stadium. Many Club members pledged their personal credit to back this successful effort. The result was one of Michigan's finest high school football stadiums, dedicated in 1949 to the schools World War II fallen heroes.
- Our leader of Dr. Ray Hart, the Fordney Club sponsored the Arthur Hill High School Band Bounce and provided new uniforms. Led by Past President Charles Calvert, $5,000 was raised for the new YMCA building and individual members added an additional $15,000. Contributions to the Big Brothers building and the new summer YMCA camp were among numerous other worthy projects.
- Records show that the club sponsored 17 band concerts during the summer of 1923. At the close of the first summer season, the club held a Mardi Gras with street dancing, vaudeville acts, games and prizes for the best costumes. Julius Ippel remembered; "At Christmas time, we'd box candy at Al Williams' Ice Cream Factory to be given to school children at the courthouse steps...better than a ton. We started a street decorating project for Christmas with 125 trees placed in pipes and decorated with lights."